Boss CE-300 Super Chorus
Submitted: June 6th, 2003
by gothicindustial
I love it! I use this with analog and virtual analog synths, as well as with samplers. It has a great animated analog swirl to it. I can't say enough about how nice it sounds. Why only a 9? Mine has some scratchy pots (it is pretty old), but I guess I could just buy some cleaner... Also, its input must be designed for guitar, because my line level instruments overload the Boss' input unless I turn them down. However, by running my Waldorf Pulse pretty hot into the CE-300, I can get a ripping distorted chorus sound that just stomps all over any digital chorus/distortion I've heard. Synth pads and strings come out sounding better than they went in, and VA's somehow sound more authentic.
My unit looks kinda beatup, but works perfectly except for the scratchy pots. I don't know what this unit has gone through, but it's built like a tank.
General Comments
Wow. What a great effects unit. Something about it is just so much ballsier than all the digital chorus effects I've tried. For so little money, I would definately replace it it if broke or was stolen. I highly recommend it!