behringer FCB1010 MIDI Footcontroller
Submitted: June 16th, 2006
by Kris -GenuB
Here's the problem. Came home from the store, programmed the unit, started to use it for about half an hour. Hey strange, the expression pedals aren't sending ANY MIDI signals in the first third of their range of movement. After that third, they do what they're supposed to do. Probably a calibration problem. So I run the calibration procedure once. Still the same. Twice... D*mn, it doesn't make a difference at all ! Mailed their online support, got an answer the same day to take the unit back to the store and pick up a new one. So I did today, just got home: the unit I have now shows the SAME problem !!! And on top of that, it changes presets when it feels like it without even touching the pedals !!! So this one's even worse than the first one. They have a serious software problem with this unit... Called the store, and tomorrow I can go pick up another new one :-) This time I'm gonna test it over there, and not leave before I get a decent working unit. They have five in the store at the moment, I hope at least one does the trick :)
General Comments
Based on the features I saw in the first unit, this thing is exactly what I was looking for. Powerful control over all parameters that I need to work with. I guess I'd give it a higher score if I'd got a fully working FCB 1010 :-)