behringer FCB1010 MIDI Footcontroller
Submitted: June 21st, 2006
by guitarsongs
No sound out...controller only
Use it for gigging, use it for studio, never had a problem after 6-8 months CONSTANT use!! The patch-change buttons change every time, the CC pedals control the right thing every time! What more could you ask for? The only reason this gets an 9 and not a 10 is that there is a little bit of latency when changing from some patches to others. Not entirely sure if it's the amp receiving slowly or the controller sending slowly, but I've had to work around it for live use...not that bad, less than 1 second delay to switch to some patches.
General Comments
I teach guitar and bass for a living. I use it in lessons with my Behringer v-ampire to instantly call up the appropriate tone for the songs I'm working on with students. I also record and gig fairly regularly. Never had a problem onstage, never had it change patches on me when I wasn't changing them intentionally, never had it lose settings...in short- it does what it's supposed to do with no problems! For the money, you can't get a better foot controller...and it's programmable to do what YOU want it to do, and control the parameters YOU want to control!