behringer Eurodesk SL2442FX-PRO Mixer
Submitted: July 11th, 2004
by Bob Midden
This is the best sounding mixer if I used. It is practically noise free. Today I used it with 8 stage mics and using two simulataneous effects from the built-in effects system in a live performance (among other combinations) and when none of the musicians were playing or singing it was hard to tell that the system was on. I am absolutely amazed at the sound quality of this mixer, particularly considering its amazing price.
I haven't used it for long but it seems fairly ruggedly built. The faders and knobs seem to be stury, high quality construction and the cabinet seems to be made of solid metal. It has a rugged feel. I think this may be contrary to some other Behringer mixers which I've heard seem to be more cheaply constructed.
General Comments
This mixer has 16 XLR mic channels with some of the quietest cleanest mic preamps I've heard. I addition is has 4 stereo input pairs, 4 subgroups, two aux buses, two effects buses (can be used for either the two built-in effects units or as sends for two external effects systems, a built-in crossover and mono send for subwoofers, mute and solo switches on all channels, sweepable mids in addition to high and low frequency EQ, and other features. This is by far the best mixer in this category and at an absolutely amazing price. In my opinion this mixer beats the Mackie 1604 VLZ Pro and at less than half the price.