behringer EURODESK MX9000 Mixing Console
Submitted: July 6th, 2006
by Kevin Coons
The sound I can get from this board is insane. Beats using any of the cheap digital stuff out there right now including Pro Tools LE systems, MOTU, M-Audio, etc. The pre-amp is by far not the best when compared to Neve or Avalon, but it is pretty clean and when you consider you have 24 of them you stop complaining. The EQ is very easy to use and gives you plenty of options. I like having the 400 watt power supply to really move some air. This helps with getting sounds on kick drums and bass guitars. I use this with Rode and Shure mics, Lexicon and Behringer FX/Compression, and an Alesis HD24. Honestly, it doesn't get much better for the money.
Physically, its built to last. Its all metal and very heavy. Technically speaking, it has never let me down. I would be careful using it for live work as there is not a case that this board fits into. Its an odd shape due to the meter bridge.
General Comments
Overall, I love this board. I've been using it for 3 years now. Unless you are recording everyday for clients with big budgets, but especially if you are serious about recording and are limited by a small budget this board is for you. You can easily spend the $1299 MSRP on an entry level DAW setup, but you would be wise to spend your money on good mics and this board. Nothing will make your recordings sound better if this is your budget. Regardless of what you or anyone will say about Behringer, and they will scoff until they hear it, this board is the best deal in any town.