behringer EURODESK MX9000 Mixing Console
Submitted: October 31st, 2007
by robot9000
I think this sounds pretty good !!! I use it to front my MOTU 896 and I think it really warmed up my sound. I have not used a newer Mackie or any dedicated pre amps or newer channel strips, but I am not at all unhappy with the sound. The EQ is extremely useful, and the noise is non existant on my board.
I can't speak to that yet. I have had the board for 8 months and have had NO problems. It was fine out of the box and eveything works. There are a LOT of people that have had power supply and channel problems with this board, so a google search will show that the problems fall into 2 catagories - PS failed or ribbon cable to some channels came off/loose. Hopefully Behearinger has fixed these issues. (I'm giving this a 5 becasue I have had no problems, but this board does have a history of PS problems, so I gave it a 5. I hope this doesn't jinx me, lol)
General Comments
I use this board to record my bands and a lot of demo stuff. I have been doing this in one form or another for 15 years. I have other Behinger gear (Vamp, small powered mixer for rehersal) and realise they have some very good stuff and some very marginal stuff. I would say this is one of their best products. Having been around a while, I know the differeenc between 'pro' gear and 'student/prosumer' gear (as a bass player I own SWR and Eden gear. Not low end stuff). So I go into any purchase for something like a Beringher type produce with a 'prove it' mentality. My point is that I am not a beginner that is awed by all the sliders, buttons and cheap price. I did my reasearch and it has proved its worth. I like the 8 buss as a front end to my MOTU 896 so I can easily buss to each MOTU input (and then edit in Sonar Producer). I am extremely happy with the routing and the sound quality. It can do everything you would want out of this type of board - it has a LOT of routing and flexability. It is built like a tank! The Chasis is all metal and the thing weighs a TON (with out the PS). If the PS keeps chugging along, I am a very happy camper. A LOT of bang for the buck here. Things that they could improve would be the faders. They are your typical 'no resistance' type. Also, the print on the board is kinda small so, but I am not sure they dan do anything about that without making the foot print bigger. A nit at best.