Audix Handheld Supercardiod Condenser Microphone
Submitted: January 8th, 2011
by Jonathan-uFjqo
Full and clear, cuts through with more authority than the '57's and '58's the rest of the singers I sing along with in church use.  I can hear myself in the monitors!  I was using an EV 767 (also hypercardioid) I also got cheap on eBay because the whole rubber section of the handle was sliding off it.  A little epoxy, and voila! That was also louder and clearer than the 58's and didn't rattle like the 57's, but this has more of a clear and intelligible presence than any of the dynamics.  I do occasional solos for offertories, and by myself it sounds fine...the lack of typical presence rise means I don't have to think about where the mic is.  I'm also the only wierdo that brings his own mic to sing into.
Tough enough so far, although the rubber coating was wearing off in a sticky sort of way like the steering wheel on my van when it gets humid.  Like someone once treated it with Armor-all and it's slowly leeching out.  I found that several coats of clear spray enamel finally tamed it as well as gave it a nice glossy appearance.  I think I'll start shopping for more of these on eBay!
General Comments
For performance and value ($18.00 is less than the original MSRP of $230.00, isn't it?), -2 for finish and the collective shrug when I try to find information about it.