Arturia Moog Modular V2 Software Synthesizer
Submitted: November 24th, 2009
by Daniel.Stotz
At the beginning, I was impressed with the sound. The filter is really nice, BUT if you record some tracks with it, you will hear, that every tone sounds too much the same and it is very easy that the sound is very becoming boring. If you had the pleasure to hear a real Moog Modular or old Minimoog or listen to Wendy Carlos, so sorry, forget it. I am happy that more people realize again, that there is no alternative to real analog. See also Jean Michele Jarre.
That is the most horrible thing. The arturia software caused even a hardware crash to my soundcard. I had to take out the PCI-card and build it again in the PC. Never had so much problems with any other VST-plugin. And sorry, I play music since 1966 and work in with in studios and computers since the 80s, so I have quite a lot of experiences. Even if I worked with one project, played one instance with the Arturia software some minutes, and the software crashed or it hanged up. It was not even possible to save anything! Maybe with MAC it might be better, I donżżt know. Yes I programmed complex paches, but this should definitely not happen!
General Comments
If it would be stolen I would be worried about the thief, because this software only looks nice, but that is all. Never would buy it again.