ART CoolSWITCH A/B-Y Box
Submitted: November 17th, 2005
by camshaft-bqwiq
This is where this pedal earns its lemon award. There is no true bypass. You get interuption and bleeding from the other channel in your ground loop. If you are constantly using overdrive or "distortion" then you may not notice, but you will if you are using a clean sound. Sounds horrible. If I would have known this I would have never wasted my time or money. I am now playing through a WOBO, which is a far superior ab/y switch with true bypass and a ground loop switch.
Seems very reliable. Well built, metal and an internal battery. None of that plastic crap to break. I would gig with it if there was no other ab/y for me to use.
General Comments
I play a variety of music, and blend a lot of effects together which is why I have the need for a good ab/y switch. I have been playing guitar for 13 years. I have owned a plethora of gear. I currently play out of a Soldano Hot-Rod 50+ and a Roland JC-120 which is where the ab/y comes into play. If it were stolen I would only care because I lost $27 instead of selling it for at least $1 which is probably what it is worth. If this had true bypass it would be perfect. ART has failed to make a real ab/y pedal. Instead they have made a pedal that switchs between amps and bleeds the channels together. I don't know anyone that would get excited about that. It gets in the way of a clean sound which is what it should not do. This pedal is worthless. DO NOT BUY IF YOU WANT A GOOD AB/Y SWITCH WITH TRUE BYPASS!