Applause Applause AN13 Minibowl 3/4 Classical Guitar
Submitted: March 9th, 2001
by jim-vnNhy
I play a variety of music but mostly oldies like Beatles,Eagles,R & B, Stones, and the usual 60's/70's standards. I've been playing for most of 35 years. No longer in a group, but provide entertainment during Army Reserve training, usually in a field environment. The first thing I did was take off the nylon strings and replace them with some Fender mediums. The sound is bright and much louder with the steel strings.The fingerboard is fast and easy for intricate chord changes. The plastic back does tend to slip on my belly, but the 3/4 size is very comfortable and travels well.
I tend to be really careful with my guitars(expecially since I'm older and somewhat more mature than when I did Pete Townshend stuff in the 60's so I really can't vouch for it's durability. I haven't had it long enough to be really objective.
General Comments
As above, I have been playing over 30 years. I have owned Fenders, Gibsons, Teiscoes, Epiphones and currently have an Aria Pro II electric six string. This is probably the best acoustic I've ever had. I figure it will fit perfectly into my plans-small enough to take on a jet and keep in a tent yet more than enough guitar for jam sessions. I would take it to a pro gig with a pickup on it.