Applause Applause AN13 Minibowl 3/4 Classical Guitar
Submitted: November 8th, 2003
by Anonymous Reviewer
This guitar sounds better than a lot of full sized guitars. It has almost a full warm sound and can approach boomy. By simply changing the stirngs to Flamenco's such as Hannabach 727 or Augustine Reds you will get a crisp, brilliant, sound almost bell-like on certain notes and not have to wear your fingers out on steel strings. The sustain is execeptionally good for this size of guitar. One can use the normal setting and get great results just by applying the right strings - typical of nylon guitars.
Appears to be sturdy. Can be used for a knock around guitar but a little expensive for that I believe.
General Comments
I have played guitars on and off since 1956. I have a Fender Squire Mini, Yamaha APX5N, Godin Radiator, old Japanese made [Willie Nelson Martin N-20 sounding] Kay GD60 Classical, Valencia 3/4, La Patrie Etude Classical, Epiphone PeeWee, J Reynolds Strat copy, a couple of no name acoustics / classicals. This guitar is an excellent beginners guitar and travel guitar. If lost I would move on to a flamenco which I am now studying.