Applause Applause AN13 Minibowl 3/4 Classical Guitar
Submitted: November 8th, 2003
by Anonymous Reviewer
I have to give it a 10 for the robust yet mellow sound that can be produced for this size of guitar. I have several 3/4 guitars and this by far is the best sounding even though it is not the most expensive. A more crip or bright attitude can be obtained by changing the strings to flamenco's or high tention. Most 3/4 guitars will not accept high tention strings without problems - no problem with this one.
This guitar is built like a little tank. Amazingly strong for such a light instrument. It should withstand the rigors of the road although I have not tried it.
General Comments
I have played the steel guitar on and off since around '57 but just got into spanish style about a year ago. I bought this guitar to learn with and it has fullfilled its mission. Great for beginners. I would not get another one only because I am moving on to nylon electric guitars for recording. Thisone does record well with a mike. I am not a big fan of the bowl design but it is sturdy and contributes to the great sound. I looked at many 3/4 and this was the easiest playing and most well built for the money.