Alvarez AD60CK Artist Series Dao Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Cutaway
Submitted: September 14th, 2009
by Christhee68
This guitar sounds great. I play through the house system at a 800 seat church and it comes through loud and clear, sounding just like a great acoustic guitar (only louder). It has a sound I can only describe as "smooth." The highs are not too clangy and the bass sounds just right. It sounds great on my couch or plugged in and playing to a full house at church.
This will be my main guitar for church performances, small faith groups, gigging and the occasional wedding. I see no reason why it won't hold up. I checked with several touring musicians before making my purchase and they all said Alvarez is known for making great guitars at great prices. Everything seems solid.
General Comments
I have been playing for over 20 years, but only the past two years with any regularity. I play in the church band and the occasional wedding. I plan on developing a solo acoustic act to play at bars, restaurants, etc. within the next couple of months. I have played an early 80's Sigma DM3 acoustic with a cracked neck and broken headstock since I was a teenager. This is my first new guitar, and my first acoustic electric.