Alvarez AD60CK Artist Series Dao Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Cutaway
Submitted: December 26th, 2006
by riknofx
The sound is definetly the best part of this guitar. Its a darker sounding guitar but also gets some great chimey highs. Great for folk/rock and blues. I would reconmend upgrading the saddle and nut to get the most volume and tone. Also experimenting with strings goes along way on this type of guitar. Does great at most styles and is a workhorse type guitar. My biggest dislike is the finish is too thick.
Definetly gig worthy. At least for me. I've played a club and a couple parties with it and am very happy with it. Depending on you're rig/P/A- the pre-amp has been great. Ive read some people have had problems but I have been impressed so far and dont struggle to get a decent acoustic sound out of this guitar. Well put together and dependable.
General Comments
I've been playing over 10 years, and I reconmend this as a workhorse/beater beach guitar, but it is a bit better then that to me. A solid choice as a step-up or intermediate guitar. It looks great, is put together well and most importantly has a distinct sound of its own. In its price rangr for an A/E it really holds up well to other choices which seem to lack some of its features.(built-in tuner,aux mic, ect.)