Alesis Quadraverb
Submitted: December 31st, 2002
Colours the sound quite distinctly. I would say that it sounds grainy and harsh. It makes anolgue gear sound a little digital....but this is NOT neccesariy a bad thing I've had superb results from this unit. The Quadraverb proccessor can create colours that no other effects processors can produce. Try using a DX7 through this....you'll see what I mean. For analogue synths, use an analog effects processor. If you want harsh, metallic cold balls from outer space, then this is it. Overall its a little noisy and unrefined sounding but make no mistake this IS a quality unit found in most studios world wide.
Never gone wrong.
General Comments
If the sound is to your taste (Personally I use this unit for harsh Underground electronic music) then its bloody cool/useful! Personally I believe it excels in this area. If you are easy listening/pop/classical music producers then buy a Lexicon or something in that order. Vocal processing is not a strong point of the Quadraverb. Overall an absolute bargin for the current 2nd hand price. An original Quadraverb is an asset to any studio, enough said.