Alesis MultiMix 6FX Mixer
Submitted: September 25th, 2006
by Jaime-SyQQU
I have done some recordings of my sequences and me playing gtr along with it (George Benson, Peter White, Jeff Golub) and the results are very satisfying. It is important to do a good sound to noise ratio calibration from the get go so optimal recording levels are achieved. The digital out is a great feature, although I didn't use it. Live performance- GReeeeat sound. I just played a gig at Caesar's Casino this past weekend and I received compliments on my sound. This a profesiionally good sounding board for live gigs.
Based on the first unit experience and the salesman's comment, I will reserve judgement on this until I have enough milleage on this unit.
General Comments
I played variety music. Smooth jazz, some light rock (Steely Dan), Disco, Big band, anything that can be sequenced. Played for about 24 years..wow I'm getting old. I use the PAS system, GT6, This mixer, NAdy mic, epiphone gtr(semi hollow body, and Ibanez Saber 540, and a nylon acoustic/electric Honner. I play with real good singers so it is great to see this mixer do a good job with their voices. I bought this unit/system with the idea to sound as good as I can, with little setup and being able to put averything in the trunk of my car and my back seat. So far...mission accomplished (no political statement here)