Alesis MultiMix 6FX Mixer
Submitted: February 5th, 2006
by Peter-jizv_
Before this I owned a Yamaha MX 12/4, the digital effects(ie reverb)sound way more natural than the Yamaha. The unit is very quite and no unwanted hum or noise seeping thru. I like the size of it also, it's perfect for home studio and one of the main reasons I upgraded from the Yamaha. I use my Peavey Wolfgangs and Taylor 410CE thru it as well as a Yamaha S90 keyboard and Shure Beta 58A mics for mix thru headphones and recording to my laptop. I like the usb connection to my computer and I have it set up so that when I play anything off my computer it goes thru the mixer first...great for mixing backing tracks thru the headphones with your guitar or mic if you're a karaoke person. I haven't tried all of the effects, I generally leave it on the reverb.
No problems yet
General Comments
Overall a great mixer. It's small, very reliable, quite, and the effects are great. Alesis is really starting to make a name ofr itself. I would choose this over Behringer. I think I may be upgrading to the Firewire version, I think it automatically splits the tracks for recording, but if I'm wrong on that then I'm keeping this for a long time.