AKG WMS 40 PRO/Guitarbug UHF Wireless System
Submitted: June 14th, 2007
by Steve-omPU.
I've seen a lot of comments about it affecting sound but have to say whilst I can hear a small difference (just a little more toppier), it's not significant enough to put me off. Pretty happy generally, especially with my strats. I did find feedback with my 335 was a bit more of a problem. My big issue is this. At a number of different venues I have found that my signal is picked up by the venue's in-house music system. My guitar has been heard downstairs, in the pokie room, the restaurant etc. A bit annoying really as I then have to go back to the 'old fashioned' cables! Pretty interested to hear if anyone else had had this problem and what (if any) fixes there are for it.
No problems for me, although the other guitarist in my band uses one as well and it's getting pretty loose and scratchy. I always have leads for a back up.
General Comments
I think this is a great unit. It works well, battery life is OK, it's noiseless and I'm pretty happy with my guitar sound. I've been playing for a long time and gig about twice a week. The only issue is this frequency thing which needs to be sorted out. Being on a single fixed UHF frequency is an inflexible arrangement so if I was to change anything it would be to offer multi frequencies - even 2 or 3 would offer more versatility.