AKG WMS 40 PRO/Guitarbug UHF Wireless System
Submitted: February 2nd, 2005
by 335z
I'm using it with my Flextone II -> Line6 Delay setup playing a Gibson SG. A little bit noisy when the battery life is low but I bought (and deff recommend) rechargable AAAs. At first, it would make my gain lose some punch. My clean was hardly affected; of course there was some signal loss but I fixed that with my amp settings. One thing I recommend with this wireless though (and this improved the sound drastically!!!) is to get some sort of signal booster to run it through. I myself use an ART Tube preamp to boost the signal to eliminate the signal loss (I actually get an awesome sound out of it, better than I did plugging straight in). I'm not for sure, but I think the Boss SD-1 could get about the same result (no tube though).
Very awesome unit!!! I have been gigging with it for a while now (6+ mos.), but I always bring a cable just in case!
General Comments
I play a harder blend of rock. I'm always using settings for the Soldano SLO on my Flex II, and Fender clean tones. If it were lost or stolen, I would deff buy it again!!!