AKG WMS 40 PRO/Guitarbug UHF Wireless System
Submitted: January 4th, 2008
by volvoguy27
Terrible! I am running it through a Eden WP100 Pre into a Crown CE1000 amp into a Carvin RL410 cab and a Mesa Boogie 2x15 cab. Tone seems to be ok but there is a terrible hiss whenever you play a note. It always goes away when you stop playing, but rears its ugly head when you start again. If I was playing a distorted guitar, I could see how I wouldn't hear it. I play bass, and basses don't hiss. Judging by the other reviews here, it seems to be a common problem. Maybe AKG should read these reviews and fix the thing!
Nope, I used it twice. Once for practice, it did ok. Tonight I was just playing along with my favorite CD with my stack across the room, when I got up and walked around a little, it started making a crackling sound. I changed the battery with no improvement.
General Comments
I am a little dissapointed in the overall quality of the "bug". The receiver seems to be built to last. I wish the bug was as well. I packed it back up in the box and am taking it back in the morning. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone else.