AKG WMS 40 PRO/Guitarbug UHF Wireless System
Submitted: September 29th, 2004
by Anonymous Reviewer
The sound quality is excellent. My set-up demands a strong signal : Various American Strats or a '52 Reissue Tele - Ernie Ball Volume pedal - Boss TU-2 Tuner - Original Digitech Whammy - Boss Overdrive - EH Big Muff - MXR Dyna Comp - Vox Wah - Boss Blues Driver - Ibanez Sonic Distortion - Boss Temolo - Boss RV3 Delay - Line 6 DL4 Delay - Dunlop Crybaby Wah - Fender DeVille 410. I also add various other pedals to the chain when I need them. There is absolutely no noise or hiss when using the unit, no tone changes (which is a miracle considering the number of pedals I use.
I've only used it a couple of times but it seems very dependable, it's an AKG!! I would gig without a backup.....but I would bring cables just in case I was in an area with lots of RF interference. Hey it's wireless, there will be some instances when it will not work.
General Comments
Overall, this is an excellent product. I play mainly rock and blues. It suits the styles very well. I have been playing the guitar for about 18 years and have owned several wireless systems, this is the best one by far. If it were lost or stolen I would definitely purchase another one. I compared it to the Shure and Sennheiser models and found that this sounded better with my setup. I do wish the power switches were larger on both units, but I guess anything larger on units that small would look out of place or just get in the way. Oh, one more thing.....contrary to all of the other posts, the transmitter has never "flopped" around, not even with my Tele.