Akai Professional MPC500 Portable Music Production Center
Submitted: April 19th, 2007
by Orazio Del Core
velocity is adjustable and You can enter circa 16 values to set the pressure sensetivity to the 12 pads. Since it's a sampler it doesen't have any built in sounds. But it ships with a few samples to get you started. The Mpc 500 is best suited for electronic music The onboard effects are good The Sequencer is just like any other mpc sampler and it gives you that special swing(whenever YOU whant it to) Or you can program the notes in a static fashion with/or with out full volume on the notes in step edit mode
It's realiable and I wouldn't hesitate to bring it along on a gig. The compact size makes it very portable and it runs on batteries. The latest operative system now is Version 1.11 and I haven't Experienced any system freeze or simular.
General Comments
If it were stolen you've would get one new on the insurance. Im a proud owner of a mpc 2000xl since 2001 I dont like the tiny screen but it gets the job done. The same thing goes to the pads the have a different feel then the other mpc. The pads on the mpc 500 are thicker. But they are adjustable. It really helps me to makes music since its portable I can bring it along with me.