Akai Professional MPC4000 Plus Production Station with CDRW
Submitted: June 23rd, 2004
by Anonymous Reviewer
The punchiness of the percussion sounds is great. Not nearly expressive and warm as my E5000 and ASR-10. Like I said before....FX suck. The pads, again are great. This machine is definitely made for electronic/hip-hop music. If you tried making rock music I'm positive it would suck.
The main reason I wrote this review is there are no recent reviews. Since the last review on this machine there is a new OS version...1.51. This OS has fixed all the major problems. I have only had it crash on me twice. I find it very dependable.
General Comments
This thing is a blast to use. I was primarily using my computer for sequencing my E5000 and ASR-X before I got the MPC. I like using the MPC because I don't need to rely on the computer at all. I was able to buy the LE model so I added my own hard drive, CD-ROM and RAM. They don't sell it this way anymore. It's too bad because it was a much better deal to put the stuff in yourself. They are working on auditioning sounds from disks which will be very cool. I have been making music with my computer since about 98. I started playing bass back in 94/95.