Akai Professional MPC4000 Plus Production Station with CDRW
Submitted: February 16th, 2006
by deaf mute
Sound is on the hole pretty good although like I said earlier, I still prefer that e-mu sound. I produce electro and techno so filters are important to me and that's where akai are a bit under par. The sequencer is expressive and the 16 pad velocity and pitch option really pump. if you want dance music, this is it. It's what you put in that makes what comes out so if you are a good sample program maker or have good sample cd's then the sound shines. especially 24bit/96khz sample rate the highs are really sweet.
It's been buggy from day one and there's too many work arounds for a flagship program. I still get weird error messages and quirks like my mute recordings don't work in song mode and when converting a song back into a single sequence, things go pair shaped. AkSys doesn't work since I upgraded to mac os tiger so I'm doing without at the moment.
General Comments
I can't live with it and can't live without it. it's just that I don't like to support a company that don't support their users. I love the sequencing engine, love the live feel but can't stand the bugs and workarounds and can't stand the silence. Akai Support has been spallowed by a black hole and they can stay there for all I care. I will never support akai again.