Akai Professional MPC2000XL-MCD Production Station
Submitted: July 23rd, 2005
by douzedwet
General Comments
The MPC is a great machine. Entry level and pro level users will find some purpose for it. But, for me the "triton" is the best and the MPC2000xl is no match and never will be. The only feature I liked in the MPC is the next-sequence playback for live performance. Other than that I think the MPC is overated and I couldn't keep an equipment for liking only one feature. If you already have a midi-keyboard or midi-drum machine like Boss dr-models, Roland R-8, Alesis Sr-, or Yamaha, or Zoom drum machines just get a "Triton Rack" and you'll have your keyboard or drum machine trigger the sounds from the triton. In the triton you can do more stuff with your samples like adding efx before and after you record. Your sample can be used as a program or patch where you can have up to four ocsillators affecting it for example a hi-hat sound can sound different each time you hit it like a real drummer. Onboard you have more sample memory than the MPC, built-in efx, six outputs, killer synth sounds, 62 note polyphony, sequencer 200,000 note events (16 midi tracks internal/ or external control, or both) for the triton keyboard plus more...as standard...not extras that you have to buy like the MPC. P.S> I don't work for Korg...I just love my triton, and I have both the keyboard and the rack. After I return my MPC2000xl the store I bought didn't do refund and they had the triton rack. Now the rack plays all the synth part while the keyboard plays all my samples, and my Boss Dr-660 trigger all my drum breaks live. NO I WILL NOT BUY THE MPC AGAIN !