Akai Professional MPC2000XL-MCD Production Station
Submitted: March 17th, 2006
by Anonymous-ea_Ec
It's a sampler. In my oppinion the optional FX sound shit as on most modules-use hardware or PSP nitro or waves plug inns. However as bread and butter hip-pop, trip pop house and such it5's the shit! The A-D are a bit dated now, so maybe sampling on a computer will achieve smoother results.
Rock solid, built like a brick shit house. Mine has frozen about 7 times since 1999, and crashed 3 time! Say the same for any mac or PC I'l call you a liar! The only reliabulity issue is the zip drives-not the mpc. SCSI technology is dead, and many MPC's come second hand with floppys! DONT LET THAT PUT YOU OF. Buy unscrewing the bottom plate you can remove the internal floppy or zip and replace it with a 6 in 1 memory card.
General Comments
I had a nightmare that my girl friend sold mine and woke up in terro. I've seen hardcore software users buy MPC's-theres a reason, it's fun and inspiring to make music. Get one second hand put in a memory card IDE or ATAPI and you will have yourself a bargin, however they tend to hold their value quite well, especially for a clean example.