Akai Professional MPC2000XL-MCD Production Station
Submitted: October 8th, 2006
by Ron-JKv.s
Awesome, no complaints. The best sequencer/sampler units are Akai Units in my opinion. Roland and the rest are just imitators of the original Akai MPC 60 designed by Roger Linn.
Very Dependable. I had a situation with it freezing a few times in 16 levels, but when it does i just turn off the power. i suspect it's because i leave it on constantly day in and day out, as well as the fact that I've opened it and installed the SIMM myself.
General Comments
I will never lose it...it will never be stolen...but I bought a second one that was used, for about $600.00. I've been using the MPC 2000XL since 2002 and I love it. I started out with the MP, a turntable, mixer and a Yamaha PSR-280 and I did just fine. Up against all of Roland's drum machine, this machine burns the competion. PERIOD. The feel, the easy to read display, easy to understand controls the features the design, style...i can go on and on as to why Akai leads the market in drum machines. check out the MPC 4000 and show me a better machine compared to it. The MPC 2000XL is my main piece of equipment. The drums on the Korg Keyboards are all garbage, so I keep this as the skeleton...the very BONES. The keyboard sounds and samples are the flesh that complete the outfit. I wish it had 8 outs when i bought it...you have to upgrade to that. *400-600* The effects processor would be nice as well, just for the echos on my claps and snares.