Akai Professional MPC1000 Sequencer Sampler
Submitted: January 22nd, 2007
by Jason-bQi.H
Reacts fairly good to my touch. There are time where I swear I'm playing the sounds perfect on the sequence/loop, but when it plays back, it sounds nothing like what I just played. Again, not sure if it's me or the machine. I use it for hip hop mainly, but can see someone doing reggae and r&b on it as well. Italso seems like it ouwld be great for house and techno.
Seems very reliable thus far. It is very sturdy and I'm amazed the wheel has broken yet, I spin that thing pretty hard and fast. The buttons also feel incredible and strong. I punch the heck out of the pads and my finger tips hurt before the machine does.
General Comments
I would defintely repace it it were lost or stolen. It was well worth the price. I've only had it for 5 months, so I am still learning. But I am very pleased thus far. I purchased FL Studio software to see if it would be easier to make beats on the computer with pre loaded sounds . . .and it wasn't! It is a pain loading drums and wav files in here, that's actually what I hate about this machine. However, it's just a part of life and once you find a core group of sounds and drums you like to use, the rest is fun. Sampling is great and the samples come out crispy!! I wish it had more memory in it, only 5MB to save sounds in the unit. Also, the RAM upgrade is hot, but I wish it came with the option to buy it already upgraded and pimped out