Akai DPS24
Submitted: March 15th, 2006
by GM-pFVVA
The sound is amazing! Very warm and natural. For a digital recorder it is the closest sounding to analog I've ever heard. It can handle anything you throw at it. Lots of headroom in this unit. The mix engine is incredible. I owned a Korg (their flagship model). Sounds were okay but it was very digital and there was always something missing in my mixes. Not enough 3D or ambience? I don't know but it certainly isn't a problem anymore!
So far so good. I haven't had a single glitch or hiccup. I bought it used with very low hours in excellent condition.
General Comments
I'd definitely have to get another one if something were to happen to this one. It's worth every penny I paid and then some. The DPS 24 competes with machines costing 3 times as much... even more! The Korg and Roland don't even come close. USB 2.0 would've been nice for faster back ups and file transfers but it's not needed. There's an option to add a SCSI board to back up/transfer to external drives and it's very fast if you are transferring large amounts of data. The Akai DPS 24 kills the competition!!