Akai AX-80
Submitted: August 1st, 2005
by Anonymous-RCNW3
Strange but fantastic. The filter iz pretty dirty and let's you create a wide range of sounds. From strange fx to sweet brass or bouncing bass sound nearly everything is possible. By using velocity and osc-sync in addition of a midi-sequencer you can also create vocal-like sequencer-sounds. Fantastic!
It has got a very got reliability. Fully metal and build to survive a world war... ;-) Only the buttons can break when you press them to hard. The boards are connected by small bridges... To prevent problems with the buttons you shoud replace them by cables. I did so, because my buttons didn't work any more as I buyed it. Now ev'rything is fine.
General Comments
Yeah! It was my first analogue Synth as I bought it and I guess I'll keep it till I die... It's my prefered lead-synthesizer in connection with my Juno-60 really nice... You cannot compare it with thosue clean and nice Roland-Sounds. The filter is very dirty an hard. This synth has it's own character - you will love it or hate it... Sometimes I do both... :)