Akai AX-60
Submitted: December 15th, 2002
by Anonymous Reviewer
This is a super rowdy noisemaking mamojama! Everyone compares this to the Juno 106, in my opinion this is like the 106's drunken crackhead cousin from Mars!. The AX60 is the prince of analog mayhem. Complex, sizzling, throbbing full spectrum sound at your fingertips. Oh sure it's not a Jupiter, but you get so much punchy electrical excitement with the AX60 you will not care! It has a sound of it's own. I did a simple mod and converted the input to the filter to accept a quarter inch input. The filter is exceptionaly nasty and resonant. Super fun on any source!
Owned the AX60 for a year, I bought this in mint condition and have not had a single moment of grief. Built massive and tough.
General Comments
What can I say. This is one of the great analog synths of our time. Not a Jupiter, not an Andromina, it has it's own charactor. If this was offered new today, it would cost a pile of loot. I would never part with mine. I like the Junos, but find that I get bored after awhile with their tone. The AX60 provides something fresh & nasty. I like nasty!!