Akai AX-60
Submitted: July 24th, 2003
by Anonymous Reviewer
Kinda FM sounds and metallic noisy textures are the best with the AX60. Also, you can make good strings and cool sythbass. but I never use my AX60 for basses, unlike everybody on this page, I can't make very fat and deep bass sounds.
It weights so much. I mean I don't wanna make another concert with it cuz it's too heavy. So I use it in my home-studio and never never he will go out again. You know, be drunk after a gig with it... no fun. And I don't want to hurt him again!! I mean three years ago, he stopped. The lights were on but no signal would come out. He was dead. I was desperate. And the local musical repair services was not interested in fixin it: "too tough to handle", "gotta order stuff from Akai to fix it, it will cost ya big bucks" ... Anyway, like some weeks after, I turn it on again and it was ok. Since then it works fine. So he seems fragile.
General Comments
I dont' know if I would be it again. But if it dies I will be very sad. I love it very much but if it dies and I got the cash I would try something else I think.