Agile HE30B
Submitted: April 29th, 2007
by Troy-ncHDJ
This is a tough one. Unplugged, it is useless. You can't hear a damn thing. I thought this would be cool to take to the beach and play on, but you can't hear it at all. No joke... I mean, you can hear notes, but it's so quiet you can't really hear anything beyond that, overtones are simply not projected. The body is WAY too small and I am pretty dissapointed in it to the point that I asked Rondo if they could take it back, they said yes, but then I did the math and realized by the time I paid for shipping (both ways), it is just better to keep it. Plugged in it sounds great, which is another part of the reason I kept it. Of course, I have half a dozen other basses that I use for that... and if I want to plug in something acoustic, I have my upright bass for that. Sigh... I guess this makes a good bass for the bassist who already has everything? I should have bought something with a larger body. I would not consider this to be an acoustic bass.
Well made, you could gig this likely for years without any problems at all. The tuners are no name, but well built. Solid bridge. Preamp system is well designed. Truss rod is easy to get to.
General Comments
Well built. Sounds great plugged in. Doesn't sound like anything when not plugged in. My Guild semi-hollow body bass sounds about as loud as this. Which makes it basically useless to me. If lost or stolen I would buy something else. Something which a huge body that could be heard - or just give up on the acoustic bass angle entirely. I have been playing most of my life, toured internationally, owned and played a lot of different basses. This would be a great instrument if it had any kind of volume unplugged. That is the only thing holding it back. The body is only three inches deep. That's less than my acoustic guitar. I think you'd need probably twice that to get anywhere with bass freqs.