Adler Singlecut 5 string fretless
Submitted: April 12th, 2006
by Thom Brady
I play all styles of music and this bass fits them all!! The tone of this bass is very full and resonant with a sweet, singing tone (the mwaah factor is DEFINITELY there!) with an even string to string response. The sustain is seemingly infinite, which lends to an extremely vocal instrument...hell, I rarely need a vocalist around with the Adler in tow! The tone is extremely punchy and versatile and the preamp is very clean and powerful...BEWARE OF THE BASS BOOST KNOB!:) The only change I'm looking into is getting the Barts swapped out for Adler's new in-house pickups...I tried several of his new basses at NAMM and the stock pickups are infinitley better than the Barts I currently have in them. This bass as it is, however, is suited for stage and studio because the instrument is whisper quiet regardless of what you have it plugged into!
This is a workhorse of a bass. I'm usuall very hard on instrument, and this bass has taken a beating for 3 years and counting! It rarely ever needs adjusting because of the stablity of the neck...it's a true "set it and forget it" sort of bass. I would definitely gig it withut a bacvkup!
General Comments
I've been playing for over 20 years and have played many basses (including a 10 years stint with handmade custom Wals) and this puppy is the epitome of perfection!! If you're ever wanting to upgrade to a an instrument that will last you forever, forget all the hype of other big corporations...get an Adler. You won't be disappointed!