Access Music Virus
Submitted: June 27th, 2006
by i am an exit
The sounds are absolutely excellent. I use the virus as the main lead, or bass or both in nearly all my tracks. It often gets slated as being too trancey, but really, whoever said that didn't spend enough time with it. My one gripe with the sound is that occasionally it can lack some bottom end. Especially on a high filter setting. For this reason, I sometimes need to add a sub to thicken out a screaming filtered lead.
Very reliable. Only problem I've had with it is if I scroll for a patch while turning the volume knob up or down. It crashes the whole thing, and I need to switch it off and on again. Apart from that, it's built like a tank and has been brought out for many gigs.
General Comments
If this was lost or stolen I would definitely buy one again. I've got my eye on the new TI as well, but at the moment they are prohibitively expensive. Considering I got this one for ?400 for what was probably touching ?2000 when it came out first, I'm very happy indeed. I love the fact that this synth has such a defined sound. Plus it's so easy to program, and it really "makes" a track very easily. It's my favourite synth of the few hardware and software based ones I've used. I'd be lost without it.