Access Music Virus kc
Submitted: November 25th, 2002
by Ted-2fz8A
Nothing realistic like a sampler, but that's not what I got the KC for. It does everything else extremely well. Pads are lush and organic, and leads are biting and dirty. Best genres are really anything you might want to spice up with electronic tones. Pretty much any modern music. I wouldn't say the C is limited to any genre - have yet to see Shania Twain do a Crystal Methodisque rendition of a country song... Oh but the sounds. When the C was on its way, I had a good idea of the kinds of power it could muster. Be forewarned tho, that no demo song of any kind will give you a real idea of how good this board sounds. I've been sequencing for over 6 years and I have never encountered a board so 'ready' to do what you want it to do. If you are familiar with German engineering, a good example would a BMW 328i. It just has a performance and feel to it that is oustanding, and difficult to put a finger on, but entirely unique to itself. You have to sit down with a good set of headphones and listen to the C yourself to really feel it. (AKA go test drive a 328i). Headphone socket a bit noisy, but o well.
Couple hangups and glitches. Panic button doesn't work. Not sure what's going on. This is after software update. I'm thinking of reloading the sq to see if that will fix the problem.
General Comments
Indespensible, unmatched. Compliments my setup very well.