Access Music Virus Indigo
Submitted: February 25th, 2008
by Bryan-h6l7D
Good for any genre, but mostly geared towards the electronica field. I personally use it for more EBM-esque sounds. The Virus has a nice dark sound to it, which I like. Even happy leads and chors have a slighly evil and menacing feel to them. Effects are all pretty good, some of the distortions are interesting, but i dont really use em [eg Shaper]. Cool flangers, but often I do flanging in software[mainly on hits anyway]. Id like to eventually use it as an Effects Editor and the Vocoder. I guess my only complaint is that the osc. can sound a bit to thin. Obviously you detune 'em and turn unision on, but, I think its called aliasing?, was a bit of a problem from what I read before buying. And high end notes sound not the best. The Virus is optimal in mid to low end notes, in my opinion.
Played with it live, and rawked the house. So crazy and fun to twiddle live. The thing is so damn heavy, I think its a German Tiger Tank reborn into Music! I'd hate to drop it on my foot, mainly cause my foot would break.
General Comments
The first day I got my Indigo, I played with it from ~7PM when I got out of class til 1AM...its so damn heavenly in any way - good or bad. The most evil, vicious, cutting 303 like leads or the most angelic and innocent pads..the indigo is a beast. If it were stolen/broken, Id probably cry. Well, not really, but Id be massively upset. Its the mainstay cannon in my studio, and a sexy center piece!