Access Music Virus C
Submitted: August 22nd, 2005
by M.T.-pTvyo
Giving it a 7 as to be honest this synth has been somewhat usurped by a piece of software that in all honesty surpasses the virus for sound quality, though I shant name the software as it's my secret !!! Suffice to say it's not that expensive and it's also coded in Germany. It's a bastard to e.q. as well, the virus that is, and in my opinion offers nothing that cannot be done in software.
Built like a tank.
General Comments
O.k. Then... I guess my review differs from many here on this site. This synth is a lovely piece of design it most certainly looks the part sitting in my studio. However it is now dusty and unused and purely there for appearances sake as people coming into the studio seem to like to see lot's of gear. My advice to you would be to learn to program software wise as this is most definately the future of electronic music, hardware in my opinion is on a suspended sentence. Think about all the other gear you could purchase with the money you would save by not buying this... Maybe start to look at gear to record "REAL" musician's, quality mic's, compressors, pre-amps ect... so as to give that final polish to you all digital mix. Or just spend it all on TOP NOTCH software and mastering hardware. There is not a single thing this can do that I cannot achieve with software. But as I said earlier it does look the part... While I'm at it BUY A DECENT SOUND CARD !!!!! it continues to surprise me how people spend so much money on synth and often neglect the essentials. Ho hum. Oh yeah... and monitors.