Access Music Virus C
Submitted: January 23rd, 2006
by P.Parent
Let's make one thing clear: This is not a SAMPLE PLAYBACK machine. It is made to create analogish sound, not to emulate real instruments. That said, whatever electronic devices are used to digitally render analog sounds in ALL Virus, are plain superb. Filters are great. Unfortunately, this kind of synth is mainly associated with the techno/dance scene which is stupid because analogish sounds can be used in any situation, (Tomita-classical, Emerson-rock, Corea-jazz to name a few. Your imagination and good taste are the only limits.
I don't gig but I often jam with other folks which mean travelling around and none of them has ever let me down at home or outside. My only reservation is that the potentiometers are not bolted to the chassis but just hanging from the circuit boards. Even if the feel is solid enough, I would nevertheless, avoid being brutal while twitching.
General Comments
3 months ago I decided to do a major clean up. I sold two Roland SH-32, three Waldorf's: Q , XTK & Q Rack, three Korg's: MS2000 & Microkorg & Wavestation, 6 E-MU's, two Clavia :Nord 2x, Nord rack3, Two Alesis Micron, one Rss Elevata, three Novation's: Nova, KS rack & K-Station, one Yamaha FS1r. I kept a Alesis Ion, A Waldorf XT, two E-mu's: Vintage pro and Mo'Phatt and I also kept all the Access Virus synths I ever bought: C desktop - Rack - Kb 61 note - Indigo 1 and Indigo 2. That should answer the "overall rating Category"