Access Music Virus C
Submitted: July 30th, 2009
by Jay-olgMQ
At times I can go on a rampage, totally ballistic, making sounds I only hear in my dreams. I love the range of the sounds possible-endless. I've used mainly it for EBM/teckno stuff.
I've had some other issues with it: I've had a few random crashes, maybe caused by adding too much balls too a sound, hasnt happend lately. Sometimes my screen goes crazy, flashes all kinds of numbers and letters in chaotic patterns. Can be very annoying, but happens less now. Use to happen when sequencing from DAWs.
General Comments
I've owned a few VAs and by far the Virus is my favorite. It has the polyphony I want and the creative expression I crave. I love to emulate FM and LA digital sounds and create all kinds of timbres! fun stuff, totally usable stuff too!!! I wish the multimode wasn't so 'unstable'. I've only used it for percussion really, that seems ok, but is insanely time consuming, if i could only get the Midi to work with it...It's too bad the TI didn't get an upgrade here, maybe one day Access will will release a new model and focus on making the Virus a better user friendly multi-timbral synth. The Virus C opened me up and helped me train extensively for synth programing,I've learned alot with it. It is the most self-gratifying, intuitive and fun synth I've ever used.