Access Music Virus b
Submitted: April 10th, 2001
by Anonymous Reviewer
The bottom line is how does it sound? It sounds great and has a ver full or edgy sound depending on how you set it. I have programmed the following; SupernovaII, JP-8000, Micro Q, An1x, Nordlead. I have kept the An1x and the Virus. They ALL sound great with the AN1x sounding the most realistic in terms of analog. The Virus can pretty much do everything I want and the extra 64 waves allow it to sound very digital if I want. Filters sound great, Enevelopes respond well and are punchy with nice scaling. It is simply fun to program and provides immediate satisfaction.
Very reliable, company is very responsive. Gig without a back up? Don't gig and no...don't have that kind of cash. Feels strong. Actually the best tactile feel of all the ones I have used. Knobs feel good, buttons are so-so.
General Comments
Bottom line, a great expressive synth that is home to lots of different kinds of music. Fun to program, fun to play, great sound, lots of functionality (forgot to mention the killer vocooder. Would by again for sure if stolen or lost