Access Music Virus b
Submitted: July 9th, 2003
by Anonymous Reviewer
Why Virus is so popular now? It has tons of sounds (more free sounds from the net) and they sound good. Effects can make the lame patch sound good. That's not bad since there is no matter how the sound has made if it sounds good, right? I used Virus for arpeggios, synth stabs, some leads and much more. You can make cool trance tune without making own sounds! I make mostly electro-ambient stuff but I was going to make some trance tunes to becoming game and it was just great machine for 'em.
I had some problems using MIDI. Don't know what was going on...
General Comments
So I had three complains: (1) No knobs for 3rd OSC/LFO (2) Only global delay/reverb (3) Third assignable envelope. Raw OSC's don't sound so great but it sounds great if you have some analog synths etc. That's really matter of taste. I prefer more Waldorf -sound. I was going to buy Q Rack or Virus B and I got quite good offer of B so I got one. My other stuff with Virus B was: Roland Juno 106/Jupiter 6/XV-3080, Yamaha AN1x/FS1r, Elektron Machinedrum/Sidstation, Waldorf Microwave XT/Pulse. Great buy, but think twice if you could get the C instead.