Access Music Virus b
Submitted: March 25th, 2004
by nick-R6-3W
General Comments
This is an updated review (I posted first in November--go down a review or two). First off--about evolving pads: Holy shite! The Virus is the total king of that. It's modulation options are mind-numbing. The control is you exert is unbelievable--the Virus is powerful, but it is *so* easy to program and build sounds from total scratch. If you know how to program a basic synth, you can figure out the rest. You can get a huge variety of sounds out of this. Whenever I have a problem with a softsynth bass not sitting in a mix well enough, I go to the Virus, and 95% of the time it's worth the effort. Since November there has been at least one OS update. Note: Access is updating the OS of a synth that's. been. discontinued. It's fun and inspiring. Since I got it I have owned a Nord2 (sold it) and a Waldorf Q rack (going to sell it.) The Nord2 was hard to use and underfeatured. The Q is a great synth, but is definitely digital in character compared with the Virus. (Spend some quality time with the two running next to each other, and you'll agree.) I love this thing. Could you tell?