Access Music Indigo V2
Submitted: March 18th, 2006
by inty
I grew up around death metal and computers , so my taste in synths is a mix of both. when choosing this synth i wanted something that could get downright dirty and do all the things my monosynths couldnt. This thing is so brutal , ive killed my hi-fi allready , because it just sounds so good and wants to be loud. The virus goes way beyond my expectations when it comes to sound.I hoped it could sound like a fat like my moog but after only a few minutes , i was wondering if ill ever use the moog again. The virus can be the moog but the moog can't be the virus. Some of the noises this thing can create are quite disturbing and scary. The sounds can be so intricate aswell as disgustingly harsh. This thing is unatural and takes your ears to places you didnt think existed. I can't write music because i just keep playing the damn thing and smiling. I will also mention that it can do smooth and happy sounds just as well. Im not sure theres anything it can't do soundwise. The virus C engine is definitly awe-inspiring.
This thing is built tough and its heavy (for a portably version). The case oozes quality , the knobs are great, Nothing seems suspect. 100% reliable so far , ive had it a few months.
General Comments
I would have to replace it if it was stolen , I dont have faith that another synth can be as brutal sounding as this one. I rarely touch my other synths now. As mentioned above i own 2 analogue monosynths and wanted something digital with midi , something that could do heavy and harsh sounds aswell as sweet. I am no veteran when it comes to synths and have only used one other decent VA (yammy an1x). I almost bought a Nord Lead 2, But ended up with the virus and im more than happy, the virus was exactly what i had hoped and more. The indigo's seem quite rare , it looks great , sounds great , is built great and does everything i wanted in a synth.