A. Nathan Noel OM-DB
Submitted: December 14th, 2006
by dberch
Verhy balanced with great tone - like rosewood - just a bit dark bass with nice overtones, but woody like mahogany. Great volume and sustain but easy to control with palm muting, and the notes maintain their musicality when muted. Treble notes sound warm, full and clear, but not too shimmery, which I like. It has a slightly unusual mid quality which Iżżżm at a loss to describe, but I find desirable. Also, a big surprise is how well it maintains its tone and punchiness in drop tunings. The treble strings don't get all swanky like some guitars. Even tuned as low as C, the notes on the bass E string sound full and round.
Only had it two months, but it feels solid as a rock, and is standing up well to my rather agresseive playing style (thumbpick and bare fingers). I play blues, folk, roots, rags, and originals and I don't have a light touch : )
General Comments
Overall this is a fanatastic guitar that, so far, does everything I've asked of it, and extremely well. Comfortable to play, great setup, and wonderful balanced strong tone with some unique characterists. Highly recommended!