65amps Soho
Submitted: July 1st, 2007
by Tony Daniell
Amp is quiet and very musical. Amp has been road tested by Peter Stroud a nice southern gent with an extremely strong musical vocabulary. there are alot of musicians lending their name to gear these days but very few who built a company from the ground up. His business partner Dan is also a fine player and between the two of them are producing a hot product. There are a few sound clips on their web page but i would like to see and hear more.
Point to point and the London has been a workhorse and I would expect the same for the Soho
General Comments
I am an amp junkie. I own several other well known hand made amps and this rates as good or better than any of them. Times have changed and with technology and magazines player advertise what they play (or claim to play!) I wish I had known Neil Young played a 57 deluxe before his tone got so muddy. So if you like they way Peter Stroud sounds on the Cheryl Crow cds or Pete Droge you will love this amp. Just think Beatles during the Abbey Road period and that is a good starting point.