65amps Royal Albert
Submitted: June 27th, 2009
by Anonymous-KY9L.
I play a PRS Santana MD and a PRS David Grissom into this amp and use the following set of pedals: Guitar > Visual Sound Route 66 > Keeley Modded Rat > Fulltone Wah > Tech 21 RVB > MXR Carbon Copy > Royal Albert. The tone of this amp is similar to a nice blonde piggy back Bassman, in that it has a fullness to the tone and a depth to the notes that is amazing. Even when I play guitars with single coils the tone is still nice and fat. I would describe this amp as a foundation for your tone, it will distort if pushed but the sound is best on the edge of breakup. I can play jazz, blues, rock and fusion with ease, would not be suitable for metal. This amp has brought a new energy level to my playing and it loves to be played out on a stage in a live performance.
Has lifetime warranty and the people at the company are incredibly helpful and friendly. This amp is built like Rolex watch!
General Comments
I've been playing for 30 years and have owned at least 40+ amps over the years. If this were stolen I would order another the next day. I love the tone of the amp and volume level is just right for playing a gig. After I bought the Royal Albert I found myself selling off alot of the gear I had collected over the years because it wasn't being used. These amps (65 Amps) are setting a whole new standard in the area of professional gear.