65amps Memphis
Submitted: December 12th, 2007
by Tony Daniell
Quiet tone monster. Has that Tom Petty fat clear slightly distorted sound. Nails the "Come Together" sound of the Beatles on Abbey Road or early Neil Young. Handles pedals well in particular a keely modified tube screamer. Play a P90 loaded Les Paul historic and a fender nocaster which match up great with this amp. The only downside is it is expensive but better to have one great amsp than several pieces of crap.
Like I mentioned starting to see them on touring band stages including Bon Jovi, John Fogerty, Keith Urban etc. These players can have any amp they want so if they make it through their tours it should handle my club gigs. I have had it for a month and no issues.
General Comments
As I mentioned I have the tele and the Les Paul along with the Matchless. All good pieces of gear and this Memphis fits right along with them. Cranked it up playing this weekend and when played at stage volume really shined. I thought about a divided by 13 but tried one along with this one a Wild West guitars and the 13 did not sound as good with the pedals or P90s. Also looked at Dr Z which I liked but no master volume blew me out of the room in order to get the same snarl.