65amps London
Submitted: July 29th, 2007
by Tony Daniell
Quiet and fat sounding. You can really tell the difference with each guitar I have and how the pickups interact with the amp. I almost bought a divided by 13 which is a fine amp but chose this one because it handled humbuckers as well as single coils, a feat the 13 could not match. In addition according to company co founder Dan Bouls they designed the amp to still get a heavy tone when turned down low. I had a couple of questions about the amp after I bought it and called him on the phone. One thing that I think is significant about this amp is the use of premium components such as mercury magnetics and sozo caps so there are no mods or upgrades available or necessary. It also came with JJ tubes which after listening to them I installed them in my fender Tweed Twin reissue.
No problems after 6 months of regular use. Quality components in equals the best likeylhood of success.
General Comments
I have been playing semi pro for 30 years. As mentioned above I have a tweed twin that I purchased after seeing cream on their last tour. I was surprised they they cut a corner on the output coupling caps on such an expensive amp. For few dollars they could take a great amp and make it exceptional by adding non-generic caps. 65 does not cut any corners. The amps are well thought out and sound great right out of the box. The controls are easy to use and sound stunning. Next on my list is a 1962 brown deluxe after seeing Mike Campbell and the Dirty Knobs a few weeks back.