65amps London
Submitted: November 3rd, 2008
by neville5000
I use humbuckers, single coils, and P-90s and they all sound stellar via the colour switch on the AC15 side, which is a 6 position rotary that dials in more mids as you move up numerically. My band plays original roots/southern rock and it nails it. It is dead quiet even at high volumes. This amp is based on classic circuits (updated to sound better!) and that is what you get. There are two inputs per channel and the -6db (low) inputs are extremely usable, in fact, they are what I use live for a little added clean headroom. On many other amps those inputs are horrible. The Vox side will give you nice chime and shimmer up to about 4-5 and then it just gets a wonderful overdriven tone with just a touch of natural compression via the EZ81 rectifier, and when you engage the boost forget about it!!! The Marshall side has a thicker clean tone that breaks up wonderfully as well and the tremolo is great - very buttery sounding with a deep throb or slimmer pulse. Low powered amps are the way to go! I can't put into words how great this amp really is; so very touch responsive and articulate. One could easily do gigs without a single pedal, just a guitar and volume/tone knobs. I get a ****-** every time I plug in and play.
If you are reading this then you have some idea of the construction techniques and components these folks are using. I gig without a back-up all the time and never even think about it. Lifetime Warranty - 'nuff said.
General Comments
I've played for about 20 years with a little downtime here and there - always original music. I've owned a lot of vintage and booteek gear and this amp just does it for me. Like I said before, I get a ****-** every time I play it.